About The Boulder Climbing Community
The Boulder Climbing Community is a non-profit organization that connects and supports climbers, climbing organizations, land managers, and businesses in the Boulder area, in order to protect and care for the climbing areas we love. We accomplish this mission through the BCC E-News, the BCC website and Facebook page, live events at local venues, and stewardship projects out in the climbing areas.
The BCC was founded in 2010 and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. As the Local Climbing Organization (LCO) for the Boulder area we are closely affiliated with the American Alpine Club (www.americanalpineclub.org/) and the Access Fund (www.accessfund.org/) and we have a joint membership program with the Access Fund. We work closely with area land managers, including Boulder County Parks and Open Space, Eldorado Canyon State Park, Jefferson County Open Space, City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks, and the U.S. Forest Service, and we support the work of the Action Committee for Eldorado (ACE) and the Flatirons Climbing Council (FCC). Our 12-member Board of Directors typically meets every other month, and meetings are open to everyone (see below).
Boulder Climbing Community Official Documents
All documents are available as downloadable PDFs.
- By-Laws (PDF)
- Conflict of Interest Statement (PDF)
- Miscellaneous Provision (PDF)
- Organizational Consent Statement (PDF)
Our Board of Directors
- Dan Swansinger
- Mike Morin
- Seth Musulin – Secretary and Legal Counsel
- Ty Tyler
- Debby Leite
- Scott Massey – Chairperson
- Craig Hoffman – Vice Chair and IT Coordinator
- Jason Haas – Fixed Anchor Replacement Coordinator
- Jenn Flemming
- Tony Bubb – Volunteer Coordinator
- Bill Briggs – Treasurer
Operations Manager: Roger Briggs
Next Board Meetings:
- 7:00 pm, Weds, February 5, 2014 – Access Fund Offices, 207 Canyon, Suite 201, Boulder
- 7:00 pm, Weds, April 2, 2014 - Access Fund Offices, 207 Canyon, Suite 201, Boulder
NOTE: In March of 2014 there will be open seats on the BCC Board. If you’re interested in serving, please contact us (below).
Contact us at: